The crew from the 2021 FotoEvidence unforgettable workshop in the South of France. Photo: Finbarr O'Reilly
THE 2022 IN PERSON FOTOEVIDENCE WORKSHOP
SEPTEMBER 5TH-10TH SOUTH OF FRANCE
Deadline to apply June 10th. 2022
Four days gathering in a rural farm close to the sea that includes lectures, presentations, panel discussions and portfolio reviews. Fifteen participants selected solely on the merit of their work and passion to document social injustice.
Two months mentorship program will be offered to selected photographers.
This workshop is designed to educate photographers who work for humanitarian missions and NGOs and whose photographs are intended to serve both to support the work of the NGOs and as evidence of injustice or human rights violations.
May 10th, 2022 - to apply for a scholarship and to send us your letter of recommendation.
June 10th, 2022 - to submit your application for the workshop.
June 20th the selected participants will be notified.
The goal of the workshop is to provide photographers with the skill to undertake challenging assignments and to ensure photographers have a clear understanding of ethical guidelines and can be hired with confidence by NGOs.
The workshop will be directed by Svetlana Bachevanova and organized by the FotoEvidence Association, with the participation of award-winning photojournalist, author and board members Finbarr O’Reilly and Peter Bouckaert, former emergency director of Human Rights Watch. Other mentors will be confirmed.
WHAT STUDENTS WILL LEARN
• Defining human rights and how photographs can serve as reliable evidence of human rights violations
• Ethical standards for documentary photography
• Preparation for the work: including research about the issue addressed, the local culture, points of access and local organizations
• Executing a project to raise social awareness, identifying potential publications and advocacy organizations to distribute and increase potential impact with
• How to protect those you are documenting/interviewing from further harm, whether emotional safety or physical security during and after your reporting
• Editing for maximum impact
• Dealing with stress and post-traumatic stress
• Assignment Planning and Safety in the Field
WHO ORGANIZED BY FOTOEVIDENCE FOUNDATION
WHEN SEPTEMBER 5THth -SEPTEMBER 10nd, 2022
WHERE SOUTH OF FRANCE
SPACE LIMITED TO 15
For questions contact email@example.com